Not Your Mother’s Wine Tasting
Looking for something unique to do in the cold winter months? Want to kick your winery visit up a notch? Gather your friends, (or family or even your knitting group) and try a VIP Wine Tasting.
Designed to give you a more in-depth experience, a VIP Wine Tasting will often include a behind-the scenes look at the wine making process. But this isn’t your average winery tour and tasting either.
Generally speaking, a VIP tasting is given by someone else in the operation who is well-versed in the process. Expect to spend about two-hours learning about the winery’s offerings, style and history. These need to be scheduled in advance as a winery will dedicate a team member especially to your group for your experience.
Here are some more tips for a successful VIP tasting experience:
- Limit the number of your group. Many wineries have a minimum, so figure 6 to 15 people.
- Be prepared to walk. At Layton’s Chance Vineyard & Winery VIP tastings take place somewhere outside of the tasting room. In the winter, these often then in the tank room and when it is beautiful weather, outside.
- Make a reservation. Since this is an in-depth, VIP experience, the winery will need to plan for your group. You will have your own dedicated team member that takes you through a wide selection of wines while also explaining the history and the basics of the winemaking process.
- Food may be included, such as a charcuterie board and chocolates. Many wineries encourage outside food such as appetizers to suit your group.
- You can even bring decorations and make it a special occasion. This can be a great way to celebrate a birthday, bachelorette party, end of the school year, office party, book club gathering, etc.
- Discounts on purchases can also be included. At Layton’s Chance all guests of VIP Tasting receive 15% off of all their wine purchases.
If you are interested in greater detail of what the winemaking process entails, Layton’s Chance offers a Winemakers Tasting, which is everything you receive with the VIP tasting but it hosted by William Layton, winemaker.
If you are interested in booking either a VIP or Winemakers Tasting, please contact Layton’s Chance Vineyard & Winery today.