We are on the look out for new members to join the Layton’s Chance Tasting Room TEAM!
Layton’s Chance Winery (Vienna, Maryland) is growing and we need an experienced manager to take our company to the next level of success. We started back in 2007 and have increased sales each and every year. We now offer over 13 varieties of wines, host wine tasting events, concerts and tours.
Founded in 2010, Layton’s Chance Vineyard and Winery is a family owned and operated local business that prides itself with delivering first class customer service. We aim to provide a friendly, welcoming staff and an unpretentious tasting experience for our guests. We are NOT “wine snobs” – we just like making wine and having our customers enjoy it with us!
Industry experience not required No problem – we provide excellent training and support.
- Create the best trained and empowered part-time team of tasting room team members!
- Continually strive for the team to create exceptional experiences for our guests that have them raving about us to others!
- Creating the best environment for our guests to enjoy themselves!
- Executing public events that engage the attendees and give them something to talk about!
All aspects of operating the tasting room, but not limited to:
- Assuming responsibility for the tasting room’s overall operations and efficiency
- Hands-on management of a tasting room staff and interaction with winery guests
- Effectively schedule tasting room staff based on booked events and tasting room traffic patterns
- Developing innovative ways to drive sales and customer satisfaction
- Achieving tasting room goals including sales, new club members and taster traffic
- Employee sales and customer service training and ongoing wine education
- Providing and taking responsibility for a consistent and pleasant customer experience
- Maintain tasting room menu, products, cleanliness and up-keep
- Helping develop new procedures/policies
- Training/coaching team members on procedures
- Assigning/delegating tasks as appropriate to team members
- Developing team members’ wine knowledge
- Managing inventory, pricing and stocking retail, or delegating accordingly
- Plan and execute public events at winery
- Ensure that facility is setup and ready for all of the private and public events
- Conducting off-site pourings, tastings, festivals and events as needed
- Other duties relevant to the position
ABOUT YOUR MANAGER
You will be working directly with one of the owners of the company, a “fair and square” individual who is committed to your success. She is responsible for your training and ongoing development. She is not a micro-manager; she expects that you will work independently on your own but is always available to provide backup and support when needed. Your success is the company’s success.
- Three or more years prior management experience in the hospitality industry with a proven
ability to be an effective, innovative and enthusiastic leader
- Proven organizational and analytical skills with proficiency in executing initiatives
- Experience coaching teams to success with an emphasis on achieving goals
- Passion for wine and customer service with a strong wine knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to act independently to solve problems as they occur
- Ability to multitask while handling tasting room needs and office administration
- Professional, warm and welcoming personal presentation
- Strong hospitality and customer service focus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and familiarity with or ability to learn point of sale systems and winery software
- Ability to regularly work weekends and some holidays
- Must pass a drug and background check
Why Work for Layton’s Chance Winery?
- Excellent management team
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Ethical and principled workplace.
- Positive and motivating work environment
- Great team of people to work with – friendly and fun
To arrange a confidential interview, email your resume along with a cover letter (MS Word) outlining how your experience and skills are a “match” for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume will be given the attention it deserves.